Rana Photoshoot: Soup Tasting



A spoon carving prompted a preliminary camera test of Rana. I like how cinematic she looks. There's more surface texture on her face than I intended but it may be alright as it makes the whole movie looks for sure 'handmade' and slightly less in the creepy canyon.

She was harder to articulate than I had hoped she'd be. But I'm going with it. Pencils Down. Even if that means she can do less. I am thinking she'll be interesting to look at enough even if hardly moving.

Ended up using the spoon I'd made for her soup pot years ago as it seems I've lost the ability to carve a nice spoon. The new one is now in the prop soup (lower right). The new soup is super effective thanks to the gift Mike Brent gave the project of a jar of Museum Gel. I layered soup bits in about four layers of rolled out gel. The gel flattens itself out to a high gloss after about an hour or so and will nevah dry out. I tinted it by mixing ink into clear glue and using that as the penultimate layer.


Comments

  1. I like the face texture, she looks fantastic. Ditto the soup! I havent tried museum wax yet but it looks like it could be useful for some of my Jenny G shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, Jeff. It's expensive but used on top for small water surfaces it will be perfect!

      Delete
  2. she is beautiful and i am hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me laugh, Sylvï! Seriously. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Everything looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too like the papier-mache texture of the face, more effective for me than a realistic silicone skin approach. And the soup looks great - trying to imagine what it tastes like. (Somehow I think she's a vegetarian, can't see her slurping on mutton stew at any rate.) So don't keep Rana waiting, animate her drinking some soup already!
    Hey, I see StopMotion Magazine did an interview with you, must go and watch the video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Thank you, Nick! Agreed an all counts, texture and shoot already!! Yes, I hope you'll watch the video and I posted updates to things mentioned in the clip so people could see what came of things shown.

      Much love, xooxox

      Delete

Post a Comment