Shelley's All Color Light

Been watching the light change in the house through the day, paying close attention to how the sun, cloud cover, and time of day affect the quality of light falling on objects. What I respond to and what I want to attempt to recreate in various Halfland scenes.

One of the things I came up with was to take an old swatch book of lighting filters I'd inherited from Upstairs Clare and glue them in chroma order onto a sheet of thick acetate. I then framed that mosaic and feathered the outer edge of it all with black paint to make a multi-hue gobo.
The results are interesting! I am loving how I can position it for warm or cool colors depending on what's being shot, fire hearth to undersea.
Having fun finding ways to use it, imitating different times and types of daylight.

Thanks for watching!

Comments

  1. I love the possibilities with that gobo, beautiful effects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay, thanks, Mark. I'd be excited to see what you'd do with something like this! If I did it again, I'd for sure use transparent Contact Paper© to adhere the swatches down, then hit them with a clear medium to seal as one piece. I'd also cut off the screw post holes too.

      Delete
  2. Oh, yes, I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so dang cool..You are ever resourceful! I've never heard of a gobo but now I have to have one...Maggie in Mouseland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post reminded me of the time when I was making lighting tests. I had used only one color at a time. Your gobo idea sounds great and the pictures you took look very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fanx, Yaz! It's one of those "my way" why not things. Will see how it works, hopefully soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment