Have a Dose of the New Pill Bug

Hi, I'm another new addition to the Bug Party, just completed. My maker had wanted this pun in the scene for a long time, but it wasn't until she needed a tiny 3D miniature for another project that arrived in an oversized plastic capsule that she had the correct means to carry it out.



She painted the inside of half the empty capsule and then filled it the rest of the way with play foam (side note: a large order of this incredibly useful arrived at her house many years ago addressed to her, but she'd not ordered nor ever heard of it before that! So, many thanks to whoever generously gifted the project with it.) Tiny googly eyes, set low so the pill gag reads from above, toothbrush bristle antennae and legs made from faux flower pistles were added to create my, dare I say, beguilingly helpless character.

I was finished when she anchored a heavy-duty T-pin inside my body to secure my mass to the set. She then glued my feets to two strips of transparent plastic, covered them with matte medium, and sifted dirt to obscure the walking rig.


As she shifts each plastic bar forward, all my legs appear to advance a step at once. This method is good for these types of many-legged insect puppets.


Comments

  1. What a cute creature ! (you're a genius !)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelley9:19 PM

      Hi, Els! So sweet of you to say! I know when something goes in the film as soon as it makes ME laugh! All the best!

      Delete
    2. (haha, you've proven yourself many times over by now . . . )

      Delete
    3. Shelley7:24 PM

      I checked out what you've been doing on your blog, Els, and I love it so much. Lovely felting, woolen, fibers of all kinds. I even subscribed to some of your fiber friends as well who are also doing fabulous things. https://fiberrainbow.blogspot.com/

      Delete

Post a Comment