Saturday, November 15, 2008

Taste Test



Now, {hyperubertalent designer/artist} Stephanie {who requested I post this test clip in the last post's comments}, this test doesn't begin to show what can be done. I was just chucking veggies every which way to see what it all looked like.

I can totally imagine that your boiling clear liquid in a clear container, with bubble beads moving just so, and certain clever lighting... total realistic art.

Go for it!

Hair gel Hair Gel HAIR GEL!

I bought cheapo bargain stuff and was afraid the horrible fragrance would be noxious (as Christine had her trouble with the awful peach stuff she bought at the 99¢ store for the stream in her first film, Blood Tea Red String) but this one smells bearable so far and won't break down like naked gelatin would.

11 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Never used hair gel before (I've used vaseline though), that looks really really cool. I love it! And all these miniature foods look so beautiful and realistic. It's all coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ryan! I bought a pale yellow, almost clear, hair gel and tinted it with walnut ink. It made it a perfect transparent brothy soup stock color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm....

    Makin me HUNGRAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo, awesome clip -- thanks Shelley! I'm off to go make some real soup for research (and dinner) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should open a diner then. A very very small diner. hee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tru dat! Im hungry now too

    job well done!

    jriggity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y'all come over for soup. I'm making! I promise no hair gel involved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (^ thing I liked best?
    (^ the glitch factoer that gives the test a heartbeat.

    (^ seriously.
    the subtle camera bumps and refocuses made my heart try to beat to it.

    (^ OH! another rare cheat I picked up from john mathews.

    bubble wrap bubbles.

    if you poke and tear some through with a pencil or something, use ONE FRAME maybe two for large bubbles, you can place them atop the mix and then remove em:
    makes it look like boiling waterpopping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. (^ WAIiit!
    you have a syringe?
    inject some bubblewrap with walnut ink.
    diferent amounts.. suck some air out of them and replace with propperly colored boolion: and make em as popping boiling bubble replacements.
    sprinkle atop mix: remove with tweezers during shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, that's just brilliant, Prosser!

    I hope Stephanie sees your comments about the bubble wrap bubble replacements! I'm definitely going to use the bullyonne injection technique. I do have a syringe! For what now I know!

    The blurring in the clips are caused by the silverbox's autofocus in the stop motion mode. These clips are down and dirty, just so I can see what happens when I move things so I look past the blur.( I kind of like it too though!) Hey- if your heartbeat matches it--go seek medical care at once! xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mouthwateringly Delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...