Let Me Articulate This


I hesitate to give the boys out there this link, in case they'd be distracted from their important animating!

http://www.obitsu.co.jp/eng/obitsubody/main_g02.html

And did I convert the price properly, only $12 USD?! update: not quite, the incredibly popular Obitsu body isn't currently sold overseas but Parabox does sell them here, and better than that, they sell several sizes of joints and parts separately, for those interested (http://www.parabox.jp/eng/60in_nb.html)

I'm still looking, I just had to have a laugh. Cheers.

Note she has magnets in her feet for "unlimited posing possibilities"

This sort of fascination with articulated bodies has been going on for an ancient while, the doll below was inspired from artifacts found dated as far back as 800 BC. The fingers of some ancient dolls were delicately carved so that miniature rings could be slipped on and off them.

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:17 AM

    Well I see nobody is touching this with a 10 foot pole.

    Ok I will be the perv and make a comment.

    Maybe it's just a translation thing but the headline on that page just seems wrong.

    "Five kinds of female bodies available for any purpose"

    I wonder if the joints would hold a pose well enough for stop motion?

    Mark F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Mark. I know! I was impressed by the surprizing and a little wrong universe that is the articulated posable doll world.

    Based on my own magnet test today, I'm pretty certain that this type of set-up would only be suitable for a very lightweight stop motion puppet. I'm thinking of using it for background supporting characters rather for than a main role performance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment