Tuesday, May 03, 2011
Dandelying: part 2
Next I tipped each bristle with glue and daubed them with cut fibers off of a white faux fur. Couple coats of that gave a nearly full globe shape. It's not perfect, but I was quite thrilled with the results and how natural they look. It was a little wild, while trimming the fluff into a round shape, to objectively look down at my table now and again to see these in their stages of being made. I felt a wee bit like god (little g) producing the natural world.
seen previously there are, it's now decided, dandelion roots.
For the leaves, I took flat dried real dande leaves that I had picked while out weeks back. I'd sandwiched it in clear contact paper to preserve/strengthen it. I cut a small one in half vertically and used it as a pattern to cut out many copies in lightweight green tissue paper. Thin green wires were sandwiched in between two of each cutouts (seen center image on the left). Then these were all painted between my fingers with acrylic paints (seen center image on the right).
Also being finished are flat yellow flower heads to be part of the dande cluster and lots more leaves in various sizes needed. We're going to have dandies over here anywheres we might want, yo.