Saturday, May 25, 2013
Puppet Seaming Experiments
I've had some recent troubles with allergic reactions so I wasn't keen on busting out the latex to start skinning the puppets. I had to see if I could go way inert. So I replaced the latex with my trusty Nova Color matte medium in my rice paper maché technique.
Here, I'm taking the Mermaid Kyra's arms, which are very small, and seeing whether I can seam the two halves together without adding much bulk to the sculpt's shape.
As these are just preliminary experiments, I didn't want to add armatures, opting to add in teflon -wrapped wire and copper foil, aluminum mesh joints instead.