Update: I pushed heavily today and finished the curtains and their cafe rings, the cast brass acorn brackets, and the branch rod with green leaves. Whew. Photos in the morning after the install. Collapsing into bed exhausted, which is a weird situation considering I thought making the curtains was only half an hour's worth of work!
Next Public Producer Item: • Finish working on walking the mechanism for the line of marching ants!
The other day in the comments Jessica Koppe and I cooked up an interesting experiment. We thought we'd initiate a sort of online public open-source producer website for our individual film projects. Self-enforced deadlines, et al, hadn't been effective for us because as lone productions there aren't really any consequences if we keep changing them.
Simple plan, we'd each formally announce each Monday the specific items on our pre-production lists and report the results each Sunday night. This was our first test week. Later on we hope to have "Produce It!" widgets on our sidebars flowing in from the new site.
The results already this week were excellent for Jessica. She made superb shadow puppets for her project.
My results were a total bonk. BUT I'm undeterred. I think I see where I went wrong and how to do better this week.
My task, at least the top item on my list, was to finish the kitchen curtains Cirelle and I stared 2 weeks ago. After I was spurred on by Jessica's success, I forced myself to work on them tonight until I went cross-eyed from exhaustion after a long day. I was annoyed at having to try to be creative on demand but really sometimes that's the only way to make progress. The acorn brackets are now drying overnight and I plan to paint them in the morning.
Let's roll on>>>>