These are further bug party invitees that are works in progress I wanted you to see... Look for the finished versions in the film!
The next day I set about making several brightly colored pink and orange balloon for him to use at the party! Took forfrickingever to figure out a way to make them. Finally today figured out how! A: Ice Resin-ed colored tissue paper wrapped over clear acrylic marbles on wire!) I've since finished this puppet off too. His organza wrapped body now has metallic thread stripes tightly over-skinned with fine metal mesh. And the iron wire rusted from the wet matte medium, looks so natural and great!
this) I gave him hand-painted eyes and a gash mouth that makes him look grumpy--all the bugs at the party are. And when I added bits of wire to extend his leg length, the position he put himself in looked to me like he was a very old and weary military general from the bug wars! So, I've decided to tie colored balloons around his middle too and to put a wooden sword in in right front leg! Charge! His big golden crown is made from a myrtle pod.
halo crown that I've adopted a few to finish for this party scene. Here you see how I'm using either matte medium or thick white glue applied with a toothpick tip to slowly build up the wire armatures with the shapes and attitudes I want. They will be finished with paints and fiber textures. The guy on the right will have a funny large proboscis. While the fellow on the left with the currently bright rice paper wings will wear purple pollen pants after his belly gets big (read funny) enough.
There will be a few other moths to come along with their tango partner (!) caterpillars. And I mustn't forget to mention also the first, a plaid sweater wearing millipede named Herman!
Project Rule #3: There's never a good enough reason to feel bad about anything. Enjoy every part.