Confirmation


Part of the third reference sheet for Rana's cottage exterior. Some exciting finds have been added including some killer shots of how to beam the interior ceiling.

Gently back at work, I've been collecting some superlative examples of the building I have in mind over the last few days. This weekend's finds were from the vast and vastly upgraded dollhouse world online, today's added shots of chunky window casement came from an Umbria Italy property rental site. I printed out this ever-burgeoning cluster of inspiring images and wallpaper-pasted them down on another reference sheet that will hang next to the set. I'm all revved up by these.

This shot from a Greenleaf dollhouse kit builder's page made me feel so good about how I'm doing on the cottage. It shows her auditioning a certain roof line in white foamcore before she cuts one out of wood*. I felt emboldened that how I was going about building will work just fine. *note a sliver of the same house, smashingly finished, next to it.

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:51 AM

    Yes, yes, yes!!! Love how you make 'design sheets' for your projects. Your earlier ones were fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ulla! I think I'm going slightly overboard with the reference images BUT these new ones are like gold to me as I had/have no idea on how to make this cottage! I know what I want but when it comes to putting it together in life, I am stumped. These photos are sure a HELP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:29 PM

    Just want to let you know how much I enjoy coming by your site. Your dedication to the details does not go unappreciated. Rana's cottage ideas look wonderful. Rainy night here in Memphis (and we've had such a hot, dry summer), just enjoying seeing what people are working on out in cyberspace while the thunder rolls and Ravel plays.

    Again, great spirit in your work.

    Sincerely,
    Mahlon Bouldin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am honored to have you stop by, Mahlon Bouldin. I just went back and read some of your comments on Dark Strider's original blog (as your above link is out of service?) and find you to be a substantive and thoughtful individual, even though you insist on working in CG (teasing). Any chance we could see some works? Even though they're digital and all. I'd like to see some spirit in the machine.

    I appreciate your looking in, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Corey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment