Monday, August 14, 2006
How Do I Do It?!
I use the Post-It Note System™ (joking) it's not really much of a system, I just use hundreds of Post-Its to collect Halfland ideas as they occur to me. I scrawl them down before they leave my head and then stack the category on my desk. When the pile gets a few going, they'll get sorted into type, what character is it for, is it about the film's look/style, maybe it's a technical note such as the best way for me to record sound effects, etc., and then they're filed in large manila envelopes. Where they wait, in inky darkness, to one day be unleashed like a fury upon my creations.
A few notes from over the weekend:
• • glass window panes cut from 1/8" plexi sheets schmered with clear glass paint.
• print out carved scroll work in small scale, transfer onto soft wood and carve.
• make wooden corbels out of slices of moulding the width of the various beams.
• create black soot marks above the cottage candle's wall sconces.
• make a full teensy tiny mouse house nestled in the treehouse's roots.
• put mouse nesting material in the corners of the cottage floor.
• top with a wave-coursed roof of distressed and stained balsa, or similar, shingles.
• have some of the small tree roots form balcony railing.
• add bird's nests to tree branches as well as the larger one inside the cottage.