Thursday, July 20, 2006

Inked Hollywood Deal (sort of)

So far today I've made actual contact with the stock "needledrop" music company, Megatrax/Play (http://www2.playmegatrax.com) and spoke with a schnazzily nice Andrew D. Robbins, Director of their Film/TV Division, who probably found in me his smallest teensiest potato yet.

I told him my plan for Halfland distribution, one intimate art gallery installation and perhaps a currently non-existent Internet site posting/airing and he quoted me a low as he could go fee for each short. The good news is that I won't have to pay until we see what's used in the final edit.

Contracts will be e-flying shortly after which access to their extensive library will be provided to me so I can begin adding the files to the clips as I go along creating (or visa versa.)

I'm positive that this is the music I want for the film, at least for Rana's parts of it {http://notesfromhalfland.blogspot.com/2006/06/updated-ranas-theme.html}, even though it is a danger that it's been used commercially and could be again. When you know it, you know it, right?

And now back to work...

5 comments:

  1. Get down like James Brown! Boogie Oogie Oogie till you just can't Boogie no more. Shelley, did I ever tell you, you're my disco inferno!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way, uh huh....huh? You nut bar. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I get it, burn, baby, burn? Well then.

    I do actually have a mirrored ball in the studio in my water illusion kit for when filming underwater Kyra scenes. IF I CAN BLOODY WELL EVER GET TO ANY WORK ON MY LITTLE ENDEAVOR!@!!! AFDSHTEXE GHGVC^Z$^&Z#%#W@

    Rents are home in UK and snug as bugs and now the hold-up?... don't even ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rock ON, shelley! that's the way to hunt it down & make it happen! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Gretchinmeister, The contract just arrived and I'll be faxing it in by Monday, then it's all the music in universe at fingertips. Oh boy! s

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...