Model Citizen

The paper model proved very useful for visualizing the cube lighting rig
and how it would function for all the set's needs.

I needed to mock it up in cardboard before Kyelynn and I set about building the structure around the main set stage that would need to hold the small lights, support the background birch trees in all four corners, and most importantly hold the curve in the atmosphere/blur layers with their taught tensioning.  

I made the whole set room with windows and all outlets and pieces of stage/rigging/furniture/saw horses/lens holder/tables needed in order to verify and perfect the plan.

The actual LIFE-SIZED rigging build was completed this week with Kyelynn and it went very well and the key key was having made and studied the model all the way through the process. It allowed for problems to be worked out and for new insights and ideas to emerge on the fly.

An intractable issue is how much smaller the room is compared to the insane expanse I had (at the 4k sq' loft previously). But this is what I have to work with so I'll be grateful and make it work. It's tight, and the long shot is no longer long, but at least I can proceed to shoot scenes shortly. And I have light! And I'll have sky the way I must have it.


Upcoming Post: How tent posts (!)  Yes, beaucoup tent posts! and huge swaths of sheer voile blur my world.

Comments