Fix It In Post!


Side by side of a shot straight out of the camera on left,
and the same image after several PS effects have been done on right.
These included; selective blurring, two distortion filters, and a strong blue photo filter. 

(Crochet starfish puppet generously donated for the underwater scene
by animator Ceri WatlingLittle felt red starfish sent in by artist advocate gretchin lair.)

I wanted to see what my crudely rendered set backgrounds might look like after the frames were edited in a post-production batch action. And it's as I hoped, all the flaws soften into a far-away sense of distance/space.

And the effects take away the edge-to-edge clarity exactly as I'm after. Much more dreamlike, or in this case, on the sea floor underwater-like. And the masking of what I want to be shown clearly enables me to direct the audience's eye to the narrative.


This test helps me gauge how much detail--or not--is required of me for the main set backgrounds in process at the moment. When I'm in doubt... I'll simply shout...

I'LL FIX IT IN POST!

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:05 AM

    like how it keeps the sensation of filtered light

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment