Branching Out








As soon as I realized it was Autumn inside Rana's cottage, I converted the Answer Tree branch over her bed to the right season. This detail branch is removable to stay out of the way for certain interior shots.

Some of these leaves were initially painted in green for Summer, then gold when I thought that's how you knew your Answer was ready to be read. But in making this, I thought it better to make them mostly autumnal with only slight flecks of gold at the tips as a more subtle suggestion of their true value.

A few leaves were made straight up from brown paper and wire, and even I can't tell which. You can peep an Answer written in an intuitive scripting (no language). My fondest hope for a lasting effect of seeing Halfland will be that people will never look at a falling leaf the same again. That they'll always look closer to see if an Answer has been given to them there.



Here's the finished branch installed into its place inside the finished cottage set. There are several fallen leaves in drifts under the branch on the floor in front of the hearth to really bring the season home.


 

PS: Another development is that one of the fallen Answers is on Rana's bed when she crawls in for sleep. She'll read it like a bedside book. I love this so much.
PPS: And I appreciate your following along here so very much as well.

Comments