Friday, February 16, 2007
Whoops, Got Woody
It's been a big day here in Halfland. I wasn't planning to, but I took some thin wood strips and cut them down to size and hot glued them on the raspberry plastered walls. It took 6 hours to complete this step on all sides of the cottage. It really started making it look house-y and I'm very happy with the results. I added the wooden uprights to each wall corner as well and added a loft/shelf on the inside. I stuffed bits of newspaper into any gaps between the current plaster and the new wood, such as around the eyebrow-shaped window frames.
The next stage will be to stain the wood with a transparent wash of the right diluted acrylic colors. Then I'll use my new highly operational contractor's masking tape to cover the wood when dry. Then I bust out the tub of joint compound and slather it over the walls, filling in the plaster surface until it is about even with the new wood surface. Once dry, I remove the tape, et voila! Walls.
Shaping up around here! Take care.